Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Movie Time.

Need an excuse to go to the movies? Well you are in luck because 3 amazing new movies just came out last week. 
After her father unexpectedly dies, young Ella (Lily James) finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and stepsisters, who reduce her to scullery maid. Despite her circumstances, she refuses to despair. An invitation to a palace ball gives Ella hope that she might reunite with the dashing stranger (Richard Madden) she met in the woods, but her stepmother prevents her from going. Help arrives in the form of a kindly beggar woman who has a magic touch for ordinary things.

This isn't your typical disney movie. This young, beautiful new Cinderella puts a modern twist to the story, and it captivates you the whole way through. 
Rotten Tomatoes: 85% 


Now on the run from Jeanine (Kate Winslet) and the rest of the power-hungry Erudites, Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) search for allies and answers in the ruins of Chicago. They must find out what Tris' family sacrificed their lives to protect and why the Erudites will do anything to stop them. Side by side, Tris and Four face one seemingly insurmountable challenge after another, as they unravel the secrets of the past and -- ultimately -- the future of their world.

This movie is action packed, filled with endless loss and fighting. 
Rotten Tomatoes: 31%




In Depression-era North Carolina, the barren wife (Jennifer Lawrence) of an ambitious timber baron (Bradley Cooper) sets out to murder the woman who bore her husband an illegitimate son.
This dynamic duo does a profound job at expressing love, weakness, and pain. This movie is filled with greed, corruption and gender roles in society. 

Rotten Tomatoes: 21%
(their a little rough on the voting) 


Now that you have 3 options to see at the movies, go this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things to do on a Sunday afternoon is to visit the movie theater and watch the latest movies! I have yet to see the three you have listed in your blog but they all sound really interesting. Although I haven’t had a chance to go to the movies lately, I have been dying to see the Cinderella movie! I’ve heard nothing but great reviews about the movie. As a child, I loved all of the fairytale movies and I think it is so great one of my favorite fairytales has been remade into a modernized and captivating story. I watched Divergent last year, the prequel to Insurgent. I haven’t had a chance to see Insurgent but I am disappointed to see Rotten Tomatoes only gave this movie a rating of 31%. I thought Divergent was thrilling and exciting and I am looking forward to seeing the next movie of the sequel. Thanks for a great post, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I always want to go to the movies, but then have the hardest time deciding what to see! I enjoyed reading about the new, modern day Cinderella movie. I have heard marvelous reviews, yet am still a little apprehensive to see it just because how different I think it will be from the original story line. Even though Insurgent got better reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, I think Serena sounds like a more interesting movie. It seems like you would really get to know the personality of the characters throughout this film. However, if you are looking for an action packed thriller, I am sure Insurgent would be a real hit! I think it's hard to trust movie critics sometimes since everyone has such different opinions/views. Thanks for a great post, Sara - now I want to go to the movies!

    ReplyDelete